|The District will recruit and retain desired office, retail and residential tenants and investors. Commercial tenants with cutting edge technologies will be sought to help diversify the District office base. Issues crucial to retaining and recruiting major employers in the area will be addressed, as will efforts to expand retail and support services for employers and residents to make the near northwest area a desirable residential location.
|Initiatives to capture the attention of the public and the media will continue to be developed to attract more people and investment to the District. A positive image of the District as an outstanding place to work, shop, build, invest and live will be created by maintaining the positive relationship with the media that has been established. The District will encourage events in the area that create a friendly, fun atmosphere and that attract people, such as the National Night Out event that recently was hosted by the District. The District will coordinate corporate volunteer program activity for the arts and charitable causes to develop a sense of community in the Near Northwest Area.
Efforts to spread the word that the Near Northwest Area is an outstanding place to live, work, shop, visit, build or invest will continue. There is vibrant and prosperous commercial development in the area and others than those who live or work in the area need to know it. The long-term vision for this multi-phased campaign, which will span several years, is that it will generate increased growth and economic development within the District and foster greater public awareness of the Near Northwest Area as a thriving community.
The District’s staff will be available to businesses, brokers, relocation companies and meeting planners to promote the Near Northwest Area with speakers, demographic information, and slide presentations to those considering the District as their location for future business. The District will advertise the revitalization locally and nationally.
Capture the attention of the public and the media to attract more people and investment to the District.
- Communicate effectively with District constituents the nature of District services available and the accomplishments of the District
- Develop and implement collaborative arrangements and projects that promote economic development with other organizations
- Serve as the primary source of accurate information on Near Northwest businesses, employment opportunities, real estate and area demographics to support and further area economic development
- Continue to create a positive image of the District through a comprehensive multi-year, multi-media public relations program that brands the Near Northwest as the next great place to work, shop, build, invest and live
- Continue to create a positive relationship with the media to communicate the advantages of the District to the public
- Continue to encourage events in the District area that create a friendly, fun atmosphere and that attract people
- Continue to co-sponsor promotional events with retail owners, restaurants and hotels
- Coordinate corporate volunteer program activity for the arts and charitable causes
- Continue to develop a sense of community in the District area
- Continue to develop a positive image campaign to communicate the advantages of the District
- Continue to establish a media relations program for spokespersons for the District to convey the District’s story
- Continue to work with other entities to develop profiles of the District to distribute to potential new businesses
- Continue to make periodic visits and reports to elected and appointed officials of the City, County and other agencies
- Develop a community relations program, utilizing blast emails, newsletters, a speaker’s bureau, public information centers, suggestion boxes and a volunteer organization
- Maintain and expand a promotions program, consisting of special events, neighborhood networking, concerts and fairs, and fundraising events to benefit area charitable causes
- Assist in the establishment of a Chamber of Commerce for the Near Northwest
- Establish a community outreach center for youth within the District, utilizing the volunteer efforts of senior citizens in the District
- Develop and update District marketing materials (both print and website) to meet the needs of current and prospective property owners and tenants, employers, brokers, developers, meeting planners and the general public
- Maintain and update the District website to provide the latest and most comprehensive news and information about the District, with emphasis on the economic opportunities within the area
- Create and distribute guides to businesses and services within the District